– OK, so It’s a movie about vampires.
– Oh I love it! And they’re terrorizing Los Angeles?
– No, they just hang out in Wellington, New Zealand.
– You’ve lost me.
– They argue about household chores and have to deal with how to get dressed for a night on the town when you can’t see yourself in the mirror.
– They also befriend a boring, pudgy man who works at a tech company.
– … Thanks for your time.
“What We Do in the Shadows” isn’t for everyone. But if you’re the sort of person intrigued by the concept of a supremely goofy mockumentary starring vampires, werewolves and other violent demons of the night, then it is probably for you! And wouldn’t you know it, it’s the subject of today’s podcast!
One of Eric’s favorite theater-going experiences of all time, it’s also the movie that put “Thor: Ragnarok” director Taika Waititi on the map. It stars Waititi, Jemaine Clement and Jonny Brugh as the three main vampires, but really the whole cast is amazing. Go watch the movie right now and then listen to our discussion!
You can find “What We Do in the Shadows” on Amazon (it’s currently free to stream if you have a Prime account), as well as all the other usual places: iTunes, Vudu, Google Play, etc.